ASPCA Animal Hospital in NYC
The ASPCA Animal Hospital is an urgent care facility providing critical services for animals who have been victims of cruelty and neglect, and for pet cats and dogs whose owners are experiencing financial challenges.
NYC residents with an annual household income under $50,000 and a qualifying medical condition*.
*Our criteria for making an appointment stems from our commitment to help as many pets in New York City as possible, and our doctors evaluate a combination of variables when determining treatment eligibility for patients.
Call (646) 259-4080 to inquire about appointment eligibility and availability. Phone lines open at 8:00 AM Monday through Saturday.
Please review eligibility and available services below before calling. While our wish is to be able to assist every animal possible, we receive hundreds of requests for appointments a day, and our limited number of appointments fill very quickly. Please listen closely to the prompts when calling.
The ASPCA Animal Hospital (AAH) is an urgent care facility for cats and dogs.
- If this is a medical emergency, please visit an emergency veterinary hospital.
- The ASPCA Animal Hospital is not able to perform routine checkups, vaccinations, routine dental cleanings and preventive care such as heartworm, flea, and tick prevention but can perform end of life services.
- Brooklyn residents: For routine checkups, vaccinations and preventive care visit the Brooklyn Community Veterinary Center
- Bronx residents: For routine checkups, vaccinations and preventive care visit the Bronx Community Veterinary Center.
- For spay/neuter, visit the ASPCA Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinic
- To find a veterinarian in your area, please visit the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) website
Effective September 1, the ASPCA will resume our regular low-cost pricing for services. We remain committed to providing affordable veterinary services to NYC residents and you may qualify for further financial assistance if you receive public assistance, unemployment benefits or are facing eviction.
The ASPCA Animal Hospital provides low-cost urgent care exclusively for animals whose owners’ total annual household income is $50,000 or less. However, meeting this income requirement does not guarantee financial assistance and services are not cost-free.
To apply for financial assistance, please bring one of the following documents with you: EBT CARD (Benefits card), SSI Award Letter, VA Benefits Letter, Proof of Unemployment or Workers’ Compensation, Proof of TANF benefits (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
In order to help us continue to serve pets in need, we ask that clients who have recently traveled to an area or country with high community level transmission of COVID-19, had any exposure to symptomatic or confirmed positive cases of COVID-19, are confirmed positive themselves, or are feeling ill, to please have another caregiver/family member bring your pet or wait until a later date.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment.
- Please send any medical records for your pet to [email protected].
- All invoices, estimates & receipts will be emailed only.
- No personal belongings (leash, collar, bedding, toys, etc.) can be kept with the patient if admitted.
Jobs & Externships
Please visit our Externships page to find out more about externship positions at the AAH. Please visit our Careers page for more information about working at the ASPCA, including available positions at the ASPCA Animal Hospital.
Use our AmazonSmile Charity Lists to donate much-needed items directly to the ASPCA Animal Hospital.