Our current policy priority issues include, but are not limited to:
- Helping law enforcement fight cruelty effectively.
- Expanding access to pet-friendly housing and creating co-sheltering opportunities for unhoused people and pets.
- Shutting down the puppy mill pipeline across the nation.
- Ending horse slaughter.
- Ensuring greater access to veterinary care.
- Supporting the creation and expansion of subsidized no-cost or low-cost spay/neuter programs.
- Ensuring effective disaster planning for animals held in federally regulated facilities.
- Promoting higher farm animal welfare standards by opposing extreme-speed slaughter, fighting against “ag-gag” and "Right to Farm" laws, and working to ban cruel confinement.
- Securing a sustainable future for our federally protected wild horses and burros.
- Repealing breed-specific legislation and ending the practice of dog-breed discrimination by insurance companies.
The ASPCA Advocacy Brigade offers regular updates on animal welfare-related bills and the tools you can use to have an effective voice in the lawmaking process. Together, we’re a powerful force for change. Join the Advocacy Brigade today to receive free email alerts and advocate for animal-friendly legislation!